Fehler in Funktion "browse_direct_children":
contenDirectory_Browse() = -1000

when using LeiaDS against larger Library after

Audio --> Music --> Artist or Albums or
Audio --> Music --> Playlist works
Audio --> Music --> Year works
Audio --> Music --> Artists/Albums works

Server: TVersity, about 20.000 files.

Client: Nokia 810 /w maemo Linux based OS2008, LeiaDS 0.3 "Hazelburn" Dec 30 2008

Linn Bute on a PC works fine against the same TVersity Server. I assume a mem overflow or similar having access to a large collection.

Any help on this?

Thanks
jwka
sommerfee
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Error LeiaDS on Nokia 810

Post by sommerfee »

Hi jwka,

-1000 means "timeout". (Sorry for the crap error messages, they will be improved within the next versions of Leia DS.)

Leia DS has an initial timeout of 30s and a timeout of 10s within the transfer. So it seems TVersity needs either more than 30s to collect the list, or inserts a pause within the transfer which is longer than 10s. (And/or your WLAN connection is very slow.)

I will build a test version with increased timeouts for you, hopefully this will help. Unfortunately I can't do this today, but will do tomorrow evening.

BTW: Does the Windows version of Leia DS have the same problem?

Regards,
Axel
jwka

Post by jwka »

Although I am German, to help others I will stay in English.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I willcheck with the version once you are finished. No hassle, I will not find the tim until Wed anyhow.

A timeout with the network could of course be the problem. The room where I am testing is only in wireless "B" which means 11MB ... however, I stream with Logitech also 320K files in that wireless (not at the same time the error occurs) which makes me a bit unsafe about thze network issue.

I have not yet tested the Win Version but it is on my list, with a IBM TP as well as an Acer eee.

We are Pro's and are testing multiple systems at the moment to be on our recommendation list in the newsletter.

I will also drop you an e-mail.

Regards
Jürgen alias jwka