Indulgence

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Indulgence

Post by lejonklou »

Two slices of Saltå Kvarn fruit bread (Sweden)
Hellman's real mayonnaise (United States)
Maille French Mustard (France)
Cheddar (England)
Pick Salami (Hungary)

A bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA (Scotland)

The Knife 'Deep Cuts' (Sweden)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Indulgence

Post by ThomasOK »

lejonklou wrote:Two slices of Saltå Kvarn fruit bread (Sweden)
Hellman's real mayonnaise (United States)
Maille French Mustard (France)
Cheddar (England)
Pick Salami (Hungary)

A bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA (Scotland)

The Knife 'Deep Cuts' (Sweden)
Sounds interesting! Since I am a Pescetarian and don't drink alcoholic beverages I wouldn't go with all the above but I'm sure I could find my own modifications.

However...Cheddar (England)?? That's certainly not very descriptive! Since the Linn forum now has a Wine and Cheese thread in the Off Topic area which gets quite specific about brand and model :wink: of cheese we don't want to look like punters with such vague descriptions...do we? :D
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

You're right of course, my apologies. Next time I'll be more specific with the cheese. Often I've had no clue about the exact producer of my favourite cheeses, as they are recommended to me at the local cheese shop*). I love Appezeller (Switzerland), Gruyère (France) and Cheddar (England) and have learned to take the advice from the lady in charge. She recommends the one she thinks is the best at the moment.

Next time I'll take notes!

*) Makes me think of John Cleese asking about all the cheeses he can possibly think of and none of them are available at the Monty Python "cheese shop". Anyone remembers how the sketch ends?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

lejonklou wrote:You're right of course, my apologies. Next time I'll be more specific with the cheese. Often I've had no clue about the exact producer of my favourite cheeses, as they are recommended to me at the local cheese shop*). I love Appezeller (Switzerland), Gruyère (France) and Cheddar (England) and have learned to take the advice from the lady in charge. She recommends the one she thinks is the best at the moment.

Next time I'll take notes!

*) Makes me think of John Cleese asking about all the cheeses he can possibly think of and none of them are available at the Monty Python "cheese shop". Anyone remembers how the sketch ends?
Customer: "Tell me something, do you have any cheese at all?" Proprietor: "Yes, sir." C: Now I'm going to ask you that question once more. And if you say 'No' I'm going to shoot you through the head. Do you have any cheese at all?" P: "No." C: Shoots P through the head and says: "What a senseless wast of human life."

See how seriously some people take their cheese?!

And remember: "NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!" :mrgreen: