If you do not agree with the validity of the Tune Method OR regard a different method of evaluation as more important or valid, this forum is NOT for you.
If you would like to know more about the Tune Method, look here: http://www.lejonklou.com/wp-content/upl ... Method.pdf
When using the Tune Method, certain patterns and rules will become evident. Please check that you agree with the following statements:
- To maximise the quality of music reproduction, the order of importance is (from most to least): The performance of the artist, the recording, the record/CD/file, the source component that replays the record/CD/file, the preamplifier, the power amplifier and the loudspeaker (least important). We often refer to this order of importance as Source First or The Hierarchy.
- When building a turntable from parts, there is a strict hierarchy to observe. Most important is the turntable mechanics, then follows the motor and motor controller, the arm and the cartridge (least important).
- The correlation between price and performance when it comes to HiFi, home cinema and car stereo equipment is very weak. 'Performance' here refers to the ability to accurately reproduce a tune or melody.
- Rude language or offensive material,
- Off-topic chatting or spam,
- Unnecessary negativity (such as "I don't believe in that and have no intention of finding out for myself"),
- Unscientific comments like "that's impossible according to my knowledge of physics/human hearing" or "measurements prove that this solution is better", and
- Any kind of deceit or attempts to mislead or undermine the faith and trust of other members.
- New accounts are prohibited from posting in inactive threads. Violators will be banned immediately.
The language on this forum is English.
Threads are occasionally cleaned up in order for the shared knowledge to be accessible later on.
/Fredrik Lejonklou, in january 2007.
Updated in March 2023.